i-1300 HT and LT Family of INERT Coatings
- Highly inert to filamentous coke-make.
- Substantial energy and emissions reductions.
- Target high severity olefins production and refinery / upgrading operations.
i-1300 HT [Higher Severity]
- Inert-1300 High Temperature coating.
- World-first intrinsic inertness to filamentous coke-make.
- Highest coating thermal stability achieved in sector to-date.
i-1300 LTpc [Medium Severity]
- i-1300 Low Temperature Petrochemical coating.
- Low-cost alumina-forming coating for olefins production.
- Low oxide formation temperatures.
- Converts Fe and Ni from base steel into highly thermally-stable inert phases.
- i-1300 Low Temperature Delayed Coker coating.
- Inert to surface based coke-make mechanisms.
- Eliminates the formation of Fe-S-C coke layer.
- Eliminates any filamentous coke-make.
- Reduces feedstream “dropout” coke.
- Piggable to a broad range of carbide appendages.
Surface and Coating Properties
- Inert to surface filamentous coke make.
- i-3000HT requires no surface oxide growth.
- i-1300LTpc grows alumina surface at lower temperatures.
- i-1300LTdc coating matrix is universally inert throughout entire coating matrix and piggable.
- Temperature Extremes/Upsets for (HT)
- Piggable (i-1300 LTdc)
Key Mechanical Properties
- CTE Matched
- Ductile and Weldable
Multiple Industry Applications
How It Works
World-first INTRINSIC inertness (>95%) to filamentous coke-make in higher severity olefins production in the hottest part of the furnace coil without the need for the prior formation of a surface oxide barrier.
Low-cost inert alumina scale former for use in the cooler parts of olefins production furnace coils without any weldability challenges.
Low-temperature INTRINSIC inertness to all surface coke-make mechanisms and reduction in feedstream “dropout” coke collection for use in Delayed Coker furnace coils. Intrinsic inertness requires no oxide growth and is piggable.
Targeted Field Performance
i-1300 HT & LTpc (Olefins Production)
- 8-10% reduction in energy and GHG emissions
- 1 year energy payback time
- Up to 3-5X longer runtimes in ethane
- Up to 2+X longer runtimes in naphtha
- 17kT CO2e/yr reduction per installation
i-1300 LTdc (Delayed Coker / Refinery)
- 4X decrease in pigging operations
- 1.5X increase in coil lifetime
- OPEX reduction via energy cost
- 8kt CO2e/yr reduction per installation